04/11/2014

Huntingdon Racecourse 02.11.14


 
On Sunday I went to my first jumps meeting at Huntingdon.  As soon as I arrived I realised it was a totally different atmosphere to all the flat racing courses that I had been to over the summer.  First of all the dress code was much more relaxed, with most people wearing tweed coats and boots, it was clear that warmth and comfort was a lot more important to people than looking good! 
 
The races, being longer, meant each race wasn't over in the matter of seconds.  Despite the races being longer the air was still full of excitement as the horses charged over the fences, everyone holding their breathe each time the horse was in mid flight.
 
I found the day went on a lot longer due to there being more time in between each race, I actually preferred this as it gave you time to watch the horses in the pre parade ring, then put your bet on before running to get a spot as close to the winning post as possible.
 
The course itself was designed so that you could see the jockeys as they dismounted and walked over to the weighing room.  This gave me a chance to take a cheeky selfie with one of my favourite jump jockeys, Sam Twiston-Davies.
 




I had a truly awesome day and enjoyed every second of it!  Below are a few more photos I took during the day...
 























Have you ever been to the races? 

24 comments:

  1. i have! i love seeing all the horses dash out the gates. i've never bet on any races though ;)

    Sher
    www.shershegoes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Me too! I'm not the luckiest at betting so usually I just go for the social side of it, working in the industry there is always someone there that I know!

      Delete
  2. This looks so fun and very british! I have never been but I´d love to go : )

    Céline
    http://electricfeel-now.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for your comment :-) I'm sure you would love it! I would recommend going to a flat race to start with, there are free race days during the summer so you don't have to pay :D

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great experience and nice that it was more chilled! :)

    Love,
    Whitney

    http://www.whitneyswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for stopping by my blog...you have a great blog. I have never been to see a race. But these pictures are amazing.

    Love,
    Rashmi<3
    from Lazygulrox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much :-) you should definitely go one day, it's so fun! :-)

      Delete
  5. really cool post <3
    Maybe we can follow each other on GFC , facebook and Bloglovin, if you want? Let me know :)

    Kisses,
    Maria
    http://retrostreetstation.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! Never been to a race before but someday I'd like to watch an event like this. :)

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome day out, I'm sure you would love it :-)

      Delete
  7. So great, never been to horse race but its quite interesting. So classy!
    Like it, very nice pictures!
    I would really appreciated, if we could follow each other on BL and GFC, so that we can keep in touch!
    Just started following you, Waiting for you to follow back :)
    xoxo Colli // my little blog - tobeyoutiful // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to try doing this! Looks like fun


    ** I'm following you on GFC . I hope you follow me back if you don't yet :) **

    xoxo;
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM / eauty Blog, Makeup Reviews, Beauty Tips and More!
    LIKE BEAUTYEDITER.COM ON FACEBOOK
    FOLLOW BEAUTYEDITER.COM ON BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should it's so fun :-) thanks for your comment babe :-) xxxx

      Delete
  9. How fun is this!? Looks amazing. I have only been to the races once before, but I'd love to go again. x E

    Elizabeth Victoria Clark

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cool, though I have never been to the races.
    Thanks so much for ur comment on my blog ! If you want we can follow each other on GFC ,Bloglovin/G+..Let me know !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should defo go if you get the chance, it's a really good day out :-) No problem, thank you for checking out & commenting on my blog :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate and read every single one! Please leave a link to your blog when you comment so others and I can take a peep! x